- 75g unsalted butter
- 1/3cup brown sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp coconut essence/flavouring
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped natural pecans
- Preheat oven to 160C and line baking tray (enough for ten cookies)
- Melt butter in microwave or over stove, remove from heat once melted. Whisk in brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour salt, coconut and pecans. Add in butter mixture and coconut essence. Mix until just combined.
- Form dough into balls and flatten on baking tray, bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.