I love soft baked cookies, and since winter is approaching I thought it would be nice to bake some warm lemon frosted cookies to have at tea time.
Classic lemon melting moments
- 250 grams Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Sift flour and custard powder over butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
- Roll level tablespoons dough into 32 balls. Place on prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool on tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make filling Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Spread the flat side of 1 biscuit with 2 teaspoons filling. Sandwich with 1 biscuit. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and filling.