I’m a big fan of Red Velvet cakes especially with the cream cheese frosting. This recipe is based off a great recipe from one of my favourite food blogs How Sweet It Is.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line or grease baking trays (enough for about 12 cookies)
- Cream butter and sugar together with electric mixer until creamy, add egg, red food colouring and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Form dough into balls using hands or spoon and flatten.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Cream Cheese Filling
125g of Cream cheese1/4 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup icing sugar
Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer, add in icing sugar until desired consistency is reached.