- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liquor
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso or strong good quality coffee
- 1/2 cup coffee beans
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the almond meal, sugar, coffee liquor, egg whites and espresso. Mix to form a sticky paste.
- On a lined baking sheet spoon a heaped teaspoon 3 cm apart. Top with a coffee bean and press lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits comes off the baking paper easily and has a smooth golden brown base.
Perfect for an afternoon or morning tea