In celebration of Anzac day last Thursday this is a variation of the traditional Anzac Biscuit.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 125g butter
- 2 tbl golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line or grease baking trays.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Over medium heat melt butter and golden syrup, stirring until melted together.
- Stir in bicarb soda into butter, then mix butter mixture into the oat mix.
- Form dough into small balls and flatten on the trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Let cool on tray before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.